May 5, 2010

option that one shall choose.

Have been 'typing-saving-and-deleting' this blog post since the last couple of hours. Yet, the urge to write has finally made me decided to go on with the post. At this very moment, there are assignments due on Friday waiting to be done. However, I decided to take some time break, so here I am instead of finishing those craps. Well, it happened that I had this long conversation with my brother, asking him for suggestion of which camera should I take. Yes, most of the times, I'd come to my brother and discuss everything before I make a decision. To my surprise, he has grown up so much in the way he think, I should say. Each and every advices I heard from him is like a huge wake-up-call.

So, I've been thinking again and again why on earth I demanded so much of thing I don't even deserve. I turned out, nagged my mom to buy me one of those cameras which I believe is not the last thing I'd nag her to buy. Perhaps next month, I'd come to her, show her a catalogue of branded stuff then start nag and demand her to let me have one. Well, I can honestly tell you, mom and dad never fail to satisfy all of my financial demand. I just come to ask myself, what did I give them in return? Obviously, I can't afford to buy them pricey stuff. But that's not what I meant here, the fact that I didn't put enough effort on my study is what disappoint me the most. I didn't make use every cents they spent on me wisely, I ignore the fact that I'm obliged to act as a responsible daughter. I went out having too much fun, spending cents they earned for the sake of my education.

Now you tell me, what is the point of possessing branded bags, designer shoes, expensive fine dress, and high-end gadgets which you bought using your parents' credit cards?? I'm getting even more and more annoyed with myself. I was blinded from the start, acting so irresponsible and ignorant. Hence, I finally convinced myself, that every other things are not important, all stuff are just tertiary needs. What matter the most is I have to score high, bring home a degree behind my name, move beyond boundaries and make my parents held their head high, and say "that is my daughter". This is a promise to myself, a gentle reminder to stay humble and down to earth.

If any of you reading my post here, feeling the same way like I did...perhaps, you should think over again what you deserve and what you don't. Well, I know best that Burberry is inevitable, indeed. I can't agree more, but let's think as a smart, Burberry and Prada won't get you a position in a well-known company. The substances in your brain will !