February 5, 2012

naive confession and denial.

New year, new beginning. That's probably what I said last year, few years ago, many years back then. As a matter of fact, new year doesn't come with a fresh new start, you can't undo what you've done, or in my case, pretend like the past wasn't any trouble. There were lots of ups and downs during my time in Shanghai, unavoidable fights and dramas. I blatantly claimed that I was mature enough to be independent that time which turns out wasn't so right after all. Made mistakes, learnt my lessons and I guess life goes on. Apparently, I wasn't so lucky with my personal relationship either but thanks to you, I learnt it the hard way and here comes the time where we all should finally settle for what it's worth. For some time, I had no clue where this is going, or any idea how I could get through the hustles but if 'stand still and move on' is my only choice then I presume I'll be just fine like any other broken couple.

Given the chance that I've moved back to my hometown where everything won't be the same anymore, I'll take it as a rebuilding opportunity or whatever you people call it. The truth is moving on isn't hard, it's what you leave behind that makes it difficult, how every quick flash of scenes and images draw you back without you even realizing. Anyway, none of that matters now, I'm a grown-up and I shall get back up every time life knocks me down. Thanks to you for forgiving, for the chance and for going through the rough time with me, I can be a better me. Now, if it's not too late to greet everyone a very happy Chinese New Year. Best wishes from Lie's.