August 5, 2010

before forever ends.

As long as my memory will faithfully serve, countless people have come and gone to touch my short life. I have said hello and goodbye to; waved and smiled at; shook hands and ate dinner with; too many people yet unbelievably, I still remember each and every one of their names and faces because each has giving me a moment in time. What I can not recollect as well are the abundant memories that once preoccupied all of my thoughts and dreams during those treasured days. Some of these people have made me very happy, some have even made me feel on top of the world; however, others have made me very angry, some have even made me feel down right sad. Specifically, these people have brought to me some of the greatest joys and pains, emotions that pertain to winning and the losing, giving and then receiving, but most importantly loving (unconditionally).

I occasionally sneak a peek back in time, close my eyes, drift and live a pleasant thought for a moment. Although I will always remember names and faces of certain people, occasionally I forget, regretfully, some of the memories I cherished with certain people. Help me not doubt that a friendship or relationship in real life is the most meaningful and most valuable treasure in the world. If nothing lasts forever, at least let me believe that during the limited time before forever ends, a true friendship or relationship can withstand the trials of time and last forever, and ever before forever ends.