November 5, 2010

smokers never win.

This is one big issue where we could take part and make a better living. You guys think smoking is 'okay', or perhaps cool. I myself hate smoke although I did try to be honest, twice and that's all which tasted awful. I have no particular issue dealing with people smoking around me, might sometimes get annoyed with the smell though - and well, I don't plan to die faster than the smoker. But am cool, I don't do judging. The thing is sometimes when we saw random girl smoking, the bad impression might be there, somewhere in your mind although you don't speak it out. I used to think the same few years back then but now that I am here surrounded by smokers all around, what can I say ? Nothing. Not a thing come to my mind, am no one to judge, just that want to let you know, you have better life ahead without one.

I encouraged people around me to stop smoking, immediately. To all the people I love, I did my best that they shall give up on it. I did a little google on smoking and found some interesting facts on it. I am telling you, once again, smoking do no good, it kills.



Smoking facts:

1) There are 1.1 billion smokers in the world today, and if current trends continue, that number is expected to increase to 1.6 billion by the year 2025.

2) China is home to 300 million smokers who consume approximately 1.7 trillion cigarettes a year, or 3 million cigarettes a minute.

3) Worldwide, approximately 10 million cigarettes are purchased a minute, 15 billion are sold each day, and upwards of 5 trillion are produced and used on an annual basis.

4) Five trillion cigarette filters weigh approximately 2 billion pounds.

5) It's estimated that trillions of filters, filled with toxic chemicals from tobacco smoke, make their way into our environment as discarded waste yearly.

6) While they may look like white cotton, cigarette filters are made of very thin fibers of a plastic called cellulose acetate. A cigarette filter can take between 18 months and 10 years to decompose.

7) A typical manufactured cigarette contains approximately 8 or 9 milligrams of nicotine, while the nicotine content of a cigar is 100 to 200 milligrams, with some as high as 400 milligrams.

8) There is enough nicotine in four or five cigarettes to kill an average adult if ingested whole. Most smokers take in only one or two milligrams of nicotine per cigarette however, with the remainder being burned off.

9) Worldwide, one in five teens age 13 to 15 smoke cigarettes.

10) Approximately one quarter of the youth alive in the Western Pacific Region (East Asia and the Pacific) today will die from tobacco use.

11) Half of all long-term smokers will die a tobacco-related death.

12) Every eight seconds, a human life is lost to tobacco use somewhere in the world. That translates to approximately 5 million deaths annually.

13) Tobacco use is expected to claim one billion lives this century unless serious anti-smoking efforts are made on a global level.




Tobacco offers us a life of slavery, a host of chronic, debilitating illnesses and ultimately death. And think about it: We pay big bucks for those "benefits." Sad, but true. So take your life back, my friends !

If you're a smoker wishing you could quit, make your mind up to dig your heels in and do the work necessary to get this monkey off your back now. You'll never regret it. Be bless :)

ps. I didn't google the photos above, it was somewhere in my folders and I just checked them out. I got them from kaskus.us last year if I'm not mistaken.